Athlete Services - Grants
The William E. Simon Olympic Endowment for the Support of Athletes was established in 1998 by Mr. William E. Simon, Sr., former U.S. Olympic Committee President and U.S. Secretary of the Treasury. For over two decades, these grants have supported high performing Team USA athletes who demonstrate financial need to help offset travel and training expenses. By creating this fund, Mr. Simon recognized the importance and many personal benefits of participating in sports.
Team USA athletes who are actively in training and competitions to compete for the United States in Paris 2024 or Milan-Cortina 2026 are encouraged to apply to receive a $5,000-$10,000 travel and training grant. This is a very competitive grant, so we recommend you view the Simon Grant preparation file to help prepare your application materials prior to completing the online application.
- Application Open: 8:00 a.m. MT on May 3, 2023
- Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. MT on June 1, 2023
- Award Notifications and Payments: July 2023
- U.S. citizens and eligible/intend to compete for the United States
- Currently training and competing with performance achievements that indicate they are in contention to compete for the U.S. in Paris or Milan-Cortina
- Not under a suspension or period of ineligibility—temporarily or otherwise—from USADA, WADA, the U.S. Center for SafeSport, the USOPC, an NGB, an HPMO or International Federation
- Demonstrate financial need
- Respond thoughtfully and thoroughly to the essay prompts to (1) indicate how receiving a $5,000-$10,000 grant will help you achieve your athletic goals and (2) demonstrate a commitment to advancing the Olympic and Paralympic values in the United States