The mission of the National Governing Bodies Council is to assist the NGBs and Paralympic Sport Organizations as they strive to achieve sustained competitive excellence. The NGBC represents the consensus views of the NGBs and the HPMOs to the USOPC board of directors, USOPC staff and U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Assembly.
The council is also charged with ensuring close cooperation and ongoing communications between the NGBC and other USOPC entities, such as the Athletes’ Advisory Council and the Multi-Sport Organizations Council.
Following each summer Olympic quadrennium, a chair and vice chair are selected from the membership of the NGBC to a four-year term of office.
Leadership (as of 2/24/23)
- Chair: Pat Kelleher, USA Hockey
- Vice-Chair: Li Li Leung, USA Gymnastics
USOPC Board Members:
- Rich Bender – Executive Director, USA Wrestling
- Dexter Paine – Former Chairman, U.S. Ski & Snowboard
- Virginia Sung – CEO, USA Table Tennis