U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee delivers leadership address, honors award winners for 2022 U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Assembly
The U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee welcomed nearly 300 members from its community of National Governing Bodies, athletes, staff and supporters to an annual Assembly in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The 2022 Assembly marked the first in-person gathering since 2019, and also commemorated the 50th anniversary of the passage of Title IX and the celebration of Olympic and Paralympic Day on Thursday, June 23.
Attached are the remarks from USOPC Chair Susanne Lyons and USOPC CEO Sarah Hirshland from the Leadership General Address, which also featured appearances from NGB Council Chair Pat Kelleher, NGBC Vice Chair Li Li Leung and Athletes’ Advisory Council Chair Mark Ladwig.
The USOPC also honored the recipients of four annual awards:
- Rings of Gold – Co-Individual: Rowdy Gaines, three-time Olympic gold medalist and water safety advocate
- Rings of Gold – Co-Individual: Melissa Stockwell, Paralympic bronze medalist and co-founder of Dare2tri
- Rings of Gold – Program: Ready, Set, Gold!
- Jack Kelly Fair Play Award: Brittany Bowe, two-time Olympic bronze medalist, speedskating
- Olympic & Paralympic Torch Award: Andras (Andy) Toro, four-time Olympian (canoe)
Click here to replay the Assembly leadership address and awards.