Media Press Release

U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee to report daily COVID test rates through Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

by USOPC

TOKYO – Beginning today and through the duration of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee will issue a daily report of COVID-19 test rates among U.S. delegation members in Japan at 10 a.m. JST via the

USOPC News account on Twitter. Case numbers will be pulled from the Tokyo Organizing Committee’s tracking system and combined with results from local airport arrivals, and will detail data from the previous day.
Additionally, of the nearly 60% of the U.S. Olympic delegation who was expected to travel to Japan from July 1-23, six U.S. athletes and officials tested positive for COVID-19 as part of the rigorous pre-departure testing process and were not permitted to travel. The remaining 40% of the U.S. delegation for the Olympic Games will arrive in Tokyo periodically over the coming weeks as pre-departure testing and monitoring continues.

Domestically, the USOPC utilized Japanese-approved testing provider Meenta, and worked with the Japanese Government to identify approved sites for athletes and officials who were travelling from a destination outside of the United States directly to Japan for the Games.

Please continue to monitor @USOPC_News for updates.
About the USOPC
Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. The USOPC is focused on protecting, supporting and empowering America’s athletes, and is responsible for fielding U.S. teams for the Olympic, Paralympic, Youth Olympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games, and serving as the steward of the Olympic and Paralympic movements in the U.S. For more information, visit TeamUSA.org.

United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee logo with a flag and rings, plus a flag and agitos.

Follow us

General

  • Accessibility
  • Finance
  • Governance
  • Privacy Policy , opens in a new tab
  • Terms of Use , opens in a new tab
  • Site Map

© 2024 United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee. All Rights Reserved.