Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 Para Collegiate Qualified List
Shortly after the Olympic Winter Games, China will host the world’s best Paralympians during the Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022. From March 4-13, 2022, more than 736 athletes from around the globe will gather to compete across 75 medal events in five sports. Team USA will send a team of approximately 65 athletes – several of whom competed collegiately. On the ice, the men’s sled hockey team will seek to earn its fourth-consecutive gold medal after defeating Canada in overtime at the 2018 Winter Games. In the mountains, six-time Paralympic medalist Daniel Cnossen (U.S. Naval Academy) will take aim at defending titles on the biathlon and cross-country courses. Meanwhile, 2020 U.S. Paralympian Dani Aravich (Butler University) is coming off a strong performance in Tokyo and looks to represent Team USA at back-to-back summer and winter Games.
Review the information below to find the U.S. Paralympians with collegiate affiliations that have been named to the 2022 U.S. Paralympic Team along with the coaches that will be supporting Team USA at the Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022.
Beijing 2022 U.S. Collegiate Athlete FootprintView the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Collegiate Affiliations
Below you will find the list of winter Paralympic athletes and their collegiate affiliations that have been named to the 2022 U.S. Paralympic Team.
This winter in Beijing, the 2022 U.S. Paralympic Team will have several head and assistant coaches with collegiate ties. These coaches either competed collegiately, coached collegiately or both. As more coaches are named to the team, the list will update.
- Eileen Carey (Para Nordic skiing head coach) skied at Dartmouth College.
- Corey Gorder (Paralympic sled hockey assistant coach) is an assistant hockey coach at Dakota College at Bottineau.
- Michael Jennings (Para Snowboarding assistant) played football at Columbia University.
- Nick Michaud (Para Nordic skiing assistant) skied at Bates College.
- Kristina Trygstad-Saari (Para Nordic skiing assistant) skied at Dartmouth College and has coached at Dartmouth College and Montana State University.
Beijing 2022 Collegiate Resources
- Naomi Baker/Getty Images
Beijing 2022 Collegiate Footprint InfographicLearn More, opens in a new tab
- Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images
Beijing 2022 U.S. Paralympic Collegiate Medalist TrackerLearn More
- Han Myung-Gu/Getty Images
Historical Paralympian Collegiate DatabaseLearn More
- Martin Rose/Getty Images
Paralympic Games Collegiate Resource HubLearn More