Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 College Resource Hub
This winter, Team USA will send approximately 65 of its top athletes to compete at the Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022. Team USA’s collegiate footprint in Beijing is anticipated to include athletes from a variety of schools.
The Paralympic Winter Games kick off March 4 and run through March 13. Events will be contested across three venue clusters in Beijing (sled hockey and wheelchair curling), Yanqing (Para alpine skiing) and Zhangjikou (Para Nordic skiing and Para snowboarding). Team USA earned 36 medals at the 2018 Paralympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, the most of any nation, and several medal winners are anticipated to once again vie for the podium in Beijing. Please review the following information to aid in your U.S. Paralympic student-athlete coverage:
- 2022 U.S. Paralympic Team: View a database of the 2022 U.S. Paralympic Team collegiate affiliations.
- NGB press officers: Have a question about a particular athlete or sport? Please reach out to the National Governing Body press officer for additional details. The full contact list is available in the media section of TeamUSA.org.
- Time change: Local time in China is +15 hours from U.S. Pacific Standard Time; +14 hours from U.S. Mountain Standard Time; +13 hours from U.S. Central Standard Time and +12 hours from U.S. Eastern Standard Time.
- 2022 sport previews: Team USA sport previews will be made available under the Games section at TeamUSA.org – visit the site to find storylines, qualification details and more.
2022 U.S. Paralympic Team Announcements:
- Wheelchair curling: December 2021
- Sled Hockey: January 22
- Para Nordic Skiing: January 31
- Para Alpine Skiing: February 16
- Para Snowboarding: February 16
- Check the Latest News Page for up-to-date team announcments
The full 2022 U.S. Paralympic Team will be named in mid-February.